A novel coronaviruses (COVID-19) outbreak
Coronavirus vaccine Call Center opened
Kobe city website (Japanese)
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday, and National holidays, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
If you don't have telephone access, email at:
Available languages: Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, Spanish, Portuguese, Vietnamese, and Filipino
Kobe City Consultation Hotline (24/7 Multilingual Support)
COVID-19 Health Advice Hotline (for People Returning from Abroad and Those at Risk of Infection)
Call this hotline:
-If you have any health concerns or questions about this disease, and want to learn about ways to protect yourself from it
-Call this hotline immediately, if you experience any of the following:
1. Shortness of breath, extreme fatigue, high fever or any other major symptoms
2. Fever, cough or other relatively mild cold-like symptoms, if you are an older adult or have underlying medical conditions, which puts you at risk of developing severe symptoms
3. Fever, cough or other relatively mild cold-like symptoms, if they persist for a long time
Make sure to call this hotline, if you have had the symptoms for more than 4 days.
Different people may experience the symptoms differently, so please call this hotline immediately if you feel that your symptoms are severe.
All of the above also applies to those who need to keep taking anti-fever or other medication.
-Other than that, call this hotline:
1. If you were in close contact with an infected individual
2. If you have been to one of the areas identified as an outbreak region by the WHO
IF YOU HAVE BEEN AFFECTED BY ABSENCE FROM WORK OR JOB LOSS CAUSED BY THE NOVEL CORONAVIRUS DISEASE (COVID-19)
Employment support at the Living Support Desk of every ward and branch office
For Kobe residents who are facing financial difficulties caused by the novel coronavirus disease, such as reduced income or loss of employment, a full-time consultant is available to hear your concerns and provide job assistance.
Everyday life advice at numerous Daily Living Consultation Desks
Citizens who find themselves in a difficult situation can seek everyday life advice at one of our newly established daily living consultation desks. These desks are open weekdays at every ward and branch office. On weekends and national holidays, please call our hotline at 078-322-5302 (9:00 am – 5:30 pm).
General Welfare Fund Loans (Novel Coronavirus Special Loan)
A special loan is available to help maintain the living expenses of Kobe residents whose lives have been affected by absence from work or job loss caused by the novel coronavirus disease. Foreign residents may also qualify for this loan based on a number of factors including living circumstances and expected length of stay in Kobe. For consultations and applications, please contact your ward’s social welfare council.
Special measures related to the National Health Insurance
1. If you have a fever or other symptoms that may be indicative of the novel coronavirus infection and receive a medical examination at the Center for People Returning from Abroad and Those at Risk of Infection, you can receive this examination using a National Health Insurance Eligibility Certificate at the same co-pay as if you used a National Health Insurance Card.
2. If you meet certain conditions and submit an application, you may be able to receive reductions, exemptions, or temporary extensions for your health insurance premiums. For more information, please consult with the National Health Insurance Desk at your local ward or branch office (not available at community service centers).
Novel Coronavirus Municipal Tax Payment Extension System
People who find it difficult to pay their taxes due to the novel coronavirus disease may be eligible to receive a 1-year extension on their municipal taxes. You can receive more information about the details and procedures in relation to specific circumstances, so please consult the following office:
Tax Collection Division, Tax Affairs Department, Kobe City Administration and Finance Bureau
Open weekdays 8:45 am – 5:30 pm (closed on national holidays)
In person (Japanese only):
5F, Shin-Nagata Government Building, 5-1-32, Futaba-cho, Nagata-ku
By phone (Japanese only): 078-647-9475 (direct line)
Employment Consultation (work conditions, personal safety and hygiene, subsidies to prevent layoffs, etc.)
Special Employment Consultation Desk for Problems Related to the Novel Coronavirus Infection (Japanese only)
About the Special Fixed-sum Cash Benefit Program
Applications for the Kobe City Special Cash Payment are now closed.