Domestic violence (DV) is violence perpetrated by someone close to you such as a spouse, lover or family member. Most victims of DV are women. The nature of DV is the use of violence to dominate and control another person. There are many different kinds of violence.
- Physical violence ・・・hitting, kicking, dragging, throwing things at someone etc.
- Emotional violence ・・・yelling, swearing, threatening, ignoring etc.
- Sexual violence ・・・demanding sexual intercourse, noncooperation with contraception etc.
- Financial violence ・・・not providing sufficient living expenses, not permitting to work etc.
- Social violence ・・・limiting movements, not allowing to see friends, Taking your passport etc.
- Using children as a weapon ・・・removing children, perpetrating violence in front of children etc.
The partner not cooperating with the renewal of your visa status, disrespecting your culture, discriminating the food of your origin.
If you are a victim of DV…
The responsibility for DV never lies with the victim. Whatever reason there may be, the responsibility for violence lies with the perpetrator. If you feel that you may be a victim of DV, don't suffer alone, please contact a specialist agency. If you wish to separate from the perpetrator, there are systems for temporary protection and restraining orders.
☆Petition for protection order…This is an order to protect you from any danger.You must petition a district court by paper.
- Stay-away order…An order to prohibit your husband or partner from approaching you. The duration of the decree is 6 months.
- Stay-away order related to children/relatives…An order to prohibit your husband or partner from approaching children under 20 years/relatives who are living with you. The duration of the decree is 6 months.
Order to vacate…An order to have your husband or partner to leave the premises. The duration of the decree is 2 months.
*When the husband or partner does not comply with the order, he/she will be dealt severely in accordance with the law.
*When you believe you are still in harm's way after the period of the order of protection has ceased, you can reapply for a new one.
*In order to petition for a protection order, it is necessary for you to go to a DV consultation rcom for women(Kobe City Spousal Violence Counseling and Support Center) or a division of "Life and Security" in a police station in advance, and consult about the violence of your husband/partner.
Consultation services ※Dial 110 in case of emergency
|Name||Consultation time||Contact number|
|DV consultation room for women
(Kobe City Spousal Violence Counseling and Support Center)
|Everyday (Except Dec. 28th- Jan. 4th)
9:00-12:00, 13:00- 17:00
|Support center for victims of DV
|NGO Network for Foreigners' Assistance KOBE||Friday 13：00-20：00
English, Tagalog, Spanish, Portuguese,
Chinese (to 18:00)
|Women's Net Kobe||Monday,
10:00 to 16:00
(Hotline DV for
|Telephone for contact 078-734-1308
Telephone for consultation
|Hyogo Prefectural Police Department||24 hours||078-371-7830|
|W・S Hyogo||Thursday 12:00-17:00||078-251-9901|
Child and Family Support Division
|Higashinada Ward Office||078-841-4131 (Main Switchboard)|
|Nada Ward Office||078-843-7001 (Main Switchboard)|
|Chuo Ward Office||078-232-4411 (Main Switchboard)|
|Hyogo Ward Office||078-511-2111 (Main Switchboard)|
|Kita Ward Office||078-593-1111 (Main Switchboard)|
|Kita Ward Hokushin liaison office||078-981-1748|
|Nagata Ward Office||078-579-2311 (Main Switchboard)|
|Suma Ward Office||078-731-4341 (Main Switchboard)|
|Kitasuma Branch Office||078-793-1313 (Main Switchboard)|
|Tarumi Ward Office||078-708-5151 (Main Switchboard)|
|Nishi Ward Office||078-929-0001 (Main Switchboard)|
In addition, there is a division of Life and Security in the police station where you can temporally stay for consultation in regards to DV or each Health and Welfare Department in the ward offices also arranges consultations.
※Dial 110 in case of emergency
The translation is based on the data available as of April, 2015. Please note that new systems, system changes etc. may have been introduced after this date. Responsibility for the linked websites lies with their creators. Kobe City accepts no responsibility for their content etc.